On the first Sunday of every month from 1-3 p.m. we open our doors and welcome friends and new visitors curious about The Deanery Project and what we do here. We offer tours of the buildings or you are welcome to explore the property on your own and come and ask questions or share ideas afterwards. Our volunteers and staff will answer any questions you may have about what we do or how to work with different natural building techniques.
Schedule a Tour
If you are unable to make it to one of our open houses, please contact us to arrange a tour for you or your organization.
Take a Workshop
Taking a workshop is a great way to get to know The Deanery Project. Check out our events page for up-coming opportunities.
The Deanery Project offers a wide variety of experiential hands-on workshops and environmental education programs. It also rents its facilities at very reasonable rates to other organizations or schools that wish to take advantage of the site’s location and resources. In addition, Deanery Project staff offer consulting services across the organization’s range of programming. Staff can also consult with schools on curriculum development.
The Deanery Project has offered workshops on:
- Natural Building: straw bale construction, natural finishes, earth construction, living roofs
- Energy efficiency: solar, natural insulation materials, rocket stoves, small scale wind turbines, active transportation, bikes
- Forests: tree identification, forest gardens, native tree nursery, trail building, low impact forest management
- Permaculture: design, greenhouses, all-season gardening
- Art: puppets, murals, papermaking, felting, installations, natural dyes
- Food: eating with the seasons, outdoor bread making, wildcrafting, medicinal and culinary herbs
- Youth: survival skills, boat building, vocational training, bike art
If you have an idea for a workshop at the Deanery, we would love to hear from you. Contact us for more information.
See our upcoming events here.