Deanery Days at School
On March 14th, The Deanery Project came to Duncan MacMillan School, where ten of our Resource Team members taught interactive workshops to students in grades 7-9. Each student chose three workshops to attend throughout the day, giving them the chance to experience some of The Deanery Project’s signature traditional skills and arts workshops without even missing a day of school. Live music and hands-on learning made for lots of fun and tied back into multiple curriculum goals across a wide range of subjects.
A big THANK YOU to all the teachers, support staff and students at Duncan MacMillan School for helping make this pilot project such a grand success. Thanks especially to Molly Gammon (School Principal) who believed in the project from the start and brought all the pieces together.
If your school or organization would like to host a similar Deanery Day please contact us at 902-845-1888 for a list of resource instructors to choose from.
- Mast Raising/Leadership – Sophia Hopkins/NS Sea School
- Felting – Jen Organ
- Get Your Bike Ready for the Road – Lynne Pascoe & Adam Berry/Ecology Action Centre
- Body Music/Clown – Don Rieder
- Trees of Nova Scotia – Jim Turner/Blue Water Organic Farm
- Beats – A Percussive Journey – Carlos Garduno
- Introduction to Earth Building – Kim Thompson and Carolyn Hocquard/Standing Ground
- Herbal Medicine – Savayda Jarone/Mayflower Herbs
- Vermicomposting and Square Foot Gardening – Kim Mudge & Tanya Colbourne
- Exploring the Future of Energy – Emma Norton/If You Build It
- Kate and Rich – Music and Puppets/Kate&Rich Duo